Not the best shots but this is my favorite chocolate recipe I discovered just recently. But before even trying the original recipe I changed it a little bit. ;-)
So here's my version:
edit: i forgot the numer of eggs you'll need! sorry!
100g bittersweet chocolate
4 eggs (or 5 small eggs)
3 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 teasp baking-powder
- melt chocolate and butter in water bath
- add sugar and stir
- let the mixture cool down
- afterwards beat the mixture with a mixer until it gets creamy and lighter (what's the right word to use here?)
- add one egg at a time and mix some more before adding the next egg
- at the end add the sieved flour, backing powder and cocoa powder and mix once again until everything is blended
- put the batter into cake pan ( i always use a buttered cake pan. after buttering the cake pan i dust it with a mixture of sugar, flour and breadcrumbs. normally i use about 1 tbsp of each but for the chocolate cake i used 1 teaspoon of flour, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp breadcrumbs.)
- bake about 40 minute at 180° C until toothpick comes out clear when inserted into the center
This cake reminds me a little bit of brownies but it turns out a lot fluffier and not that fudgy as regular brownies.