Really easy and better than store bought. Made this for our Scandinavian themed housewarming/birthday party.
From One Green Generation.
1. Leave the cream out for a bit so that it warms to 50F or so.
2. Pour the cream into the mixer with a whisk attachment. Put a cover or towel over the mixer so you don’t splatter cream all over your kitchen.
3. Mix on medium-high for 10-15 minutes*. When the butter has separated from the liquid, you’re done mixing.
4. Strain the butter into a bowl, making sure all the liquid runs out. Then set aside the liquid. (That liquid is homemade, uberfresh buttermilk!)
5. Rinse the butter with water to remove any excess liquid.
6. Knead the butter with a spatula to bring together the curds. This doesn’t take long – a minute or two. If you want to salt your butter, now is a good time.
7. Save the butter in a sealed container in the fridge.
*Note: The original recipe said 5-7 minutes, but many of the commenters and I found that it took longer.