Ice Cream Sandwich on Blue
I found the recipe for the chocolate cookies over here:
I don't remember where I found the ice cream recipe but it's pretty basic so here it is:
Vanilla Ice Cream
3 cups half and half
2/3 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
4 egg yolks, beaten
1. Over medium low heat heat the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla bean until it scalds. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk in a little of the milk/cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking well.
3. Return all to saucepan and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly until bubbles appear and custard is thickened. DO NOT BOIL.
4. Remove from heat and pour into a 1 quart container.
5. Let cool and then remove vanilla bean.
6. Refrigerate (2-4 hours) to cool completely.
7. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
8. Freeze in freezer until frozen hard. Let soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Needless to say, the kids loved these!
This photo is in 1 album
- Food 667 items