The Heliades - I
Dear Flickr friends,
As promised, this is the first image coming from the project I've been working on, 'The Heliades'.
Here is the description of the series, the reason which stands/stood behind these works.
" While reading Ovid’s Metamorphoses, I came across an episode that changed my vision of my surroundings forever: the ‘Heliades’, daughters of the Sun, after the death of their brother Phaeton are transformed into Poplar trees on the banks of the Po river.
I have always loved to walk on those banks, but now, every time I stop and listen, it almost feels like I can hear their laments and whispers in the wind."
I'm also pleased to say that this series received four honorable mentions at the 2012 International Photography Awards.
Some self promotion: don't forget to take a look at My Facebook Page: Have a look and help me growing by sharing and liking it!
Hope you're all doing great.
- CANON 5d Mark II ir, EF 70-200@191, f/8, 15 s, ISO 100
- Mirror Lockup, Remote Shutter
- Lee Big Stopper (10 stops ND filter)
Shot on the banks of the Po river, not far from where I live.
- Added many soft light layers to adjust the light;
- Added some custom gradients to equalize the light;
- Added a few curves to improve contrasts;
- Applied Noise Reduction
- Resized for the Web (1200px);
- Applied an Unsharp Mask to slightly improve contrast;
- Smart Sharpen + More accurate (On luminosity 'blending mode');
- Framing and Signature.
@ You all
Comments and faves are always welcome!
I will be checking your streams and images in these next hours