Curran Hall Restoration
Currently listed in the National Register of Historic Places, Curran Hall was built around 1842 by Col. Ebenezer Walters.

In 1842, Col. Ebenezer Walters built Curran Hall as a wedding gift for his bride, Mary Eliza Starbuck. In 1849, it was purchased by James Moore Curran, a young lawyer, for his wife, Sophie Fulton, daughter of William Savin Fulton, Arkansas' last territorial governor and first U.S. senator.

The City of Little Rock and the Little Rock Advertising and Promotion Commission acquired the house in 1996, saving it from demolition. With the Little Rock Visitor Information Center Foundation leading the way the historic home was carefully renovated to serve as Little Rock's first official visitor information center. Six years later, after a $1.4 million renovation, the transformation is complete. The city's visitor information center formally opened May 18, 2002.
19 photos · 942 views