Clayton West Junction West Yorkshire 30th December 1982
This is the 1915 Clayton West Junction signal box on the LYR Huddersfield to Penistone line. The signalman is preparing to handover the single line staff for the Clayton West branch to the dmu driver. The double track section from Huddersfield ended here and the branch curves away to the left while the Penistone single line heads straight. The box was closed in 1989.
The 3.5-mile Lancashire and Yorkshire railway branch line to Clayton West from Shepley Junction was opened on 1 September 1879. It was closed on 24 January 1983.