This is the newer, Victorian wing. Kilmainham was built in the 1780s as one of the first reform prisons, with a new focus in keeping inmates separate. Many political prisoners were jailed and executed in Kilmainham before it was closed in 1924.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts