QE2 and QM2
My photos of the 2 greatest ships afloat - The QE2 (Queen Elizabeth 2) and her replacement the mighty QM2 (Queen Mary 2).
Most pictures were taken in her last 12 months of service.
*She is the most famous ship in the world (except for the rubbish one that sank).
* She was the flagship of the British merchant fleet from 1969 until 2005.
* She is the fastest liner in the world, faster even than the epic new QM2.
* She is the most successful ship of all time - hugely profitable money-making machine for 4 decades.
* With the exception of space ships, she is the furthest travelled man-made object of all time, and easily the furthest-travelled ship of all time, she will have travelled 5.85 million miles by the end of her service life.
* She is the last true transatlantic liner, able to reach New York in under 4 days.
* She is the last proud ship of state.
* She is the last Clydebuilt Queen.
More information on my website - www.roblightbody.com/queen-elizabeth-2.html
And also the QE2 Story Discussion Forum is here
75 photos, 1 video
264 photos, 6 videos
56 photos, 4 videos