Ponytail Falls, Autumn Study 2009
The results of my annual autumn Ponytail pilgrimage. Similar to, but slightly different from, the results from my 2008 Ponytail pilgrimage.
I also tried some wider shots (see first comment below) to include the fall foliage in the composition, but I kept coming back to this one.
As I was shooting, a large group of schoolchildren passed by on the trail above, heading back down to their bus in the Horsetail Falls parking lot. Most of them didn't notice me, but a few looked down and were surprised to see me standing in the creek. Perhaps one of them is a future photographer?
No leaves were placed during the making of this photograph.
This photo is in 13 groups
- The Colors of Fall ~ PDX Portland Oregon Mt Hood Columbia Gorge 659 items
- Platinum Photography Group ~ No People "Monitored Queue" 264,728 items
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 46,027 items
- ~Beautiful Water~ 8,047 items
- Waterfalls 143,186 items
- OR WA Fall Color 4,022 items