19. Wednesday's Grab Bag of Thoughts : Cooking a Bottom Round Roast
52 in 2017 Photo Challenge: # 19 Kitchen
Just playing with photography on this chilly winter's day
1. Marinade in oil, herbs and spices a couple of days in ziploc bag in refrigerator.
2. Sear in Dutch Over or roaster in hot oil for a few minutes on all sides to lock in juices and flavor.
3. Add juices from bag and a cup of water, broth, wine or alcohol, or combo to pan.
4. Cover and cook in preheated 300 degree oven for 1.5 hours for 2.5 - 3 lb. roast. Drop temperature to 250 degrees and cook another hour.
5. Add carrots, onion, and potatoes during last 45 minutes of cooking. Add mushrooms, if desired, in last thirty minutes. Optional.
6. Let sit covered in pan for 20 minutes before slicing.
7. Has wonderful broth if you desire to make gravy or serve, as is with meat.