OGR - Officine Grandi Riparazioni
The OGR - Officine Grandi Riparazioni (Big Repair Shops) are one of the last vestiges of Turin's industrial past. Built between 1885 and 1895, they became the first engine of development of the San Paolo neighborhood. Stretching over an area of more than 190,000 square meters, the buildings were used to build and repair locomotives and carriages. The H-shaped complex is a work of great architectural and monumental impact. Inside two rows of cast iron pillars create a spectacular nave and aisle structure, a true "industry cathedral". Abandoned for many years, the OGR are now the object of an architectural and functional restoration which aims to transform the complex into a large exhibit centre.