1920s or 1930s Whitechapel Map showing Synagogues
The map dates from the 1920s, the numbers refer to the Synagogues shown on the map (in the order I found them) Note it does not show Nelson Street, or the now closed Synnagogues at Great Garden Street, Settle Street, and there were many more not shown on this map.
1. Spitalfields Great Synagogue (Brick Lane)
2. Princelet Street Synagogue (19 Princelet St)
3. Chevrah Torah Synagogue (64 Princelet St)
4. Bethnal Green synagogue (11/15 Bethnal Green Road)
5. Agudath Achim Synagogue (Old Castle Street)
6. Fieldgate Steet Great synagogue (41 Fieldgate Street)
7. Vine Court Synagogue
8. New Road Synagogue (115 New Road)
9. Whitechapel Road Synagogue (192 Whitechapel Rd)
11 Redman's Road (temporary while Stepney Green Synagogue was out of use - bomb damaged)
12. Jubilee Street Zionist Synagogue (165 Jubilee St)
13. Sidney Street Synagogue (101 Sidney Street)
14. Philpot Street (Either 44 or 39 Philpot St)
15. Philpot Street (Either 44 or 39 Philpot St)
16. Congregation Of Jacob (351-353 Commercial Road)
17. Commercial Road Great Synagogue (262 Commercial Rd)
18. Commercial Road Synagogue (90 Commercial Road)?
19. Plotsker Synagogue (45 Commercial Road)?
20. Little Alie Street Synagogue
21. Alie Street Synagogue (41 Alie Street)
22. Cannon Street Road Synagogue (143 Cannot Street road)
23 ? (corner of Bedord St & Rutland St)
24. Greenfield Road Synagogue
25. ? (Wellclose Square - Cable street)
26. Old Montague Street Synagogue
27. Black Lion Yard Synagogue (Kahal Chasydim Synagogue)
28. St Mary Street Synagogue (closed before WW1)
29. Stepney Orthodox Synagogue (53 Stepney Green)
30. East London Synagogue (52 Rectory Square, Stepney Green)
31. The Hambro' Synagogue (Adler Street ), Commercial Road, Aldgate
32. Dunk Street (there have been various Synagogues in this street).