CCC cabin, Prince William Forest Park
Originally called the Chopawamsic Recreational Demonstration Area (RDA), it became a unit of the NPS in 1936 and got its present name in 1948. The RDAs were intended to serve as models for camps to "make outdoor resources available to inner-city residents." The CCC built the roads in the park and five rustic cabin camps for use by urban youth groups and welfare agencies. The actual camps where the "CCC boys" lived were torn down.
During WWII, the PWFP cabin camps were used by the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), forerunner of the CIA, to house and train agents.
National Register #89000458