Detroit Historic Firehouses
This is an incomplete photo exploration of current and former historic firehouses and fire department structures in Detroit, mostly pre-1900 buildings. See www.legeros.com/history/detroit for more information.

E01/L01 at headquarters, 250 W. Larned Built 1929, closed 1991 Presently houses DFD offices and a Battalion Chief.
E02/L02, E. Larned and St. Antoine - Built 1918, closed 1940.
E04, 18th Street - Built 1897, closed 1976
E11, Gratoit and Grandy - Built 1884, closed 1975.
E12/L9 at training center, 2775 W. Warren - Built 1948 E12 disbanded 1976, L9 disbanded 1992.
E16 (fireboat), foot of 24th Street - Built 1930s.
E18/L10, 3812 Mt. Elliott - Built 1893.
E23, 1818 E. Grand Boulevard - Built 1899.
E23, Michigan and MIlitary - Built 1899, closed 1983.
E24 (old), E35 (current), 111 Kenilworth - Built 1899.
E27, Junction and Rogers - Built 1902?, closed 1979.
E28, 6th and Bagley - Built 1918, closed 1982.
E28/L11), E. Milwaukee and Riopelle - Built 1906, closed 1940.
E34, Livernois Avenue - Built 1910.
E35, Mt. Vernon and Beaubien - Built 1914, closed 1940.
E40/L17, 14041 Rosa Parks Boulevard - Built 1919, closed 1980.
E48, Bayside and Sanders - Built 1924, closed 1980.
E54/L26, Argus and Rockdale - Built 1921, opened 1926, closed 1930s
L05 and shop, 3400 Russell - Built 1887, with 1911 annex for repair shop, and 1917 larger building for repair shop. Closed 1956.
L14, Jefferson and Pennsylvania - Built 1912?, closed 1939
93 photos · 2,674 views