Russian White House
Originally called The House of Soviets, it was designed by the architects Dmitry Chechulin and P. Shteller. Overall design follows Chechulin's 1934 draft of the Aeroflot building. Construction started in 1965 and ended in 1981.
Use of the building
Upon completion in 1981, the White House was used by the Supreme Soviet of Russia, which had until then held its sessions in the Grand Kremlin Palace. The Supreme Soviet of Russia remained in the building until the end of the Soviet Union, as well as during the first years of the Russian Federation. The White House was pictured on a 50 kopeck stamp in 1991, honoring the resistance to the 1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt.
After the end of the Soviet Union, the White House continued to serve as the seat of the Russian parliament.