new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white

golden retriever at the palace of fine arts

On land originally belonging to the Presidio, the Palace of Fine Arts was built in 1915 for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition. Today the site, which belongs to the City of San Francisco, features a classical Roman rotunda with curved colonnades in an idyllic park setting. Visitors may picnic, stroll by the lake, or visit the Exploratorium's hands-on science exhibits in the adjacent museum.

10,421 views
49 faves
50 comments
Taken on December 15, 2010