Castello della Pietra
The “Castello della Pietra” was built probably at the beginning of XI century between two natural rock towers which make it impregnable.
Later, the castle became property of Opizzone della Pietra, the only landowner to live there with his family.
Until 1565 the castle was owned by descendants of Opizzone della Pietra, then passed to Botta Adorno until 1797 (year of the abolition of Ligurian Imperial Feuds).
After some years, it was burned by Napoleon's troops and his five guns were melted down to make the church bells of Crocefieschi.
In 1979 the castle was donated to the town of Vobbia.
After an extensive restoration, the castle is now open. The castle is reached by a very steep footpath.
The railing visible in the photo shows the steepness of the path.
Taken in Vobbia, Italy.
Digitally developed with Raw Therapee and enhanced with GIMP.
Please View Large On Black for better details, thanks!