KY and IN Bank- West Point KY
nrhp # 88001788-
In operation from about 1901 to approximately 1912, the bank served nearby Indiana residents (especially Evans Landing residents) as well. It was built in the community's heyday and was significant in local commerce. The town's one telephone was located in the building, and when a call was received, operator Mabel Withers Lake left to fetch the call's recipient. Local telephone service was later taken over by Southern Bell. A Dr. Hines also operated a dental office upstairs. The bank is the best remaining historic commercial structure in West Point. There is a slight stick style treatment over the double front door entrance.