1911 C.W. Parker Carousel
In 1925 the Waterloo Fire Department bought the 1911 C.W. Parker Carousel for $1311.64 and placed it in Waterloo Firemen's Park. Today the value is over one million dollars but the true value to this community is immeasurable.
In 1926 the current building was built over the Carousel for $1568.00.
A flood in 2008 indicated neccesity of relocation, & in 2009 the Carousel and building were moved to its new location within Firemen's Park for a cost over $200,000.
Over the years doors were added to the Carousel building to further protect it but the Carousel itself fell into a state of disrepair.
In the 1980's Gordy and Margo Cronin started the Friends of the Carousel with the purpose of restoring, maintaining and operating the Carousel.
Today the Carousel is under the direction of the Waterloo Fire Department - Board of Trustees and is managed, cared for, and operated jointly by the Friends of the Carousel.
If you would like to make a donation towards the Carousel please send it to:
City of Waterloo
c/o: Friends of the Carousel
136 N. Monroe St.
Waterloo, WI 53594