Hoyts Newtown Theatre, Newtown, Sydney, NSW
Located at 218-222 King Street, Newtown, Sydney, NSW. Constructed in the 1890's as Newtown Swimming Baths & Winter Skating Rink. It became a department store in the 1900's. Converted into the Hub Theatre in 1914, it was taken over by Hoyts and was re-modeled in an Art Deco style in 1934, to the plans of architect William T. Leighton. It then operated as Hoyts Newtown Theatre with a seating capacity of 936. Closed in 1956, it was converted into a community centre. In 2009, it became a restaurant in the foyer area and the auditorium was converted into apartments.