Located at Rozengracht 117, Amsterdam, the Rozen Theater opened on 22nd March 1913. The architects were Z.D. Gulden & M. Geldmaker. It had a seating capacty of 900.
It was re-named Asta Theatre in 1926 and became the Capitol Cinema in 1948.
Closed as a cinema on 10th June 1971 it was converted back into a live theatre and had its original name re-instated. In 2005 the theatre company who operate the theatre gutted the interior in a 'modernisation' scheme.