Maida Vale Picture Palace, London
Located at 140 Maida Vale, in Maida Vale, just South of Kilburn in North London. Opened as the Pcture Palace on 13th January 1913. Seating capacity 1001. It was designed by architect Edward Albert Stone. A Wurlitzer 2Manual/6Rank theatre organ was installed in September 1927 which was opened by Reginald Foort. The Picture Palace was closed in November 1940 and never re-opened again as a cinema.
In 1949 it was converted into a dance-hall named the Carlton Rooms. It became a Mecca Bingo Club in 1961 and this continued until closing as a Jasmine Bingo Club in 1996.
The building was designated a Grade II Listed building in 1991. In 1997, work commenced to convert it into a Muslim Centre, which remains open in 2008.
This photo is in 1 album
- London, UK-Cinemas & Theatres 206 photos