Teatre Borras, Barcelona, Spain
Located at Placa d'Urquinaona, 9 north of the city centre. This opened as the Cine Urquinaona on 16th May 1931 with Lupez Velez in "Resurrection". The seating capacity was 950 in orchestra and balcony levels and the style was Art Deco. It was briefly re-named Cine Francisco Ferrer from April 1937 until February 1939 when it reverted back to its original name.
It was re-named Cine Borras from 19th May 1943 and in 1953 the Balana group took over. It was re-furbished in April 1966 and evenually became a second-run cinema, closing in 1995. Since then it has been opererated as a live theatre by the Balana group.
This photo is in 1 album
- Cinema & Theatres - Europe 276 photos