Located at Via Laietana, 53 north of the Gothic District of the city centre, close to the famous Palau de la Musica Catalana. This originally opened as the Pathe Palace on 31st March 1923 with 1,778 seats. On 10th April 1939 it was re-named Cine Palacio Pathe Palace, then a year later in June 1940 became the Palacio del Cinema.
It was re-furbished in October 1962 and the seating capacity was reduced to 1,539. It was operated by the Balan group from the 1970's and they closed it in 2001 with a plan to convert it into a 9-screen multiplex. This conversion is currently on hold and the building is closed.