Located at 9 Gordon Street, Elsternwick, Melbourne, Victoria. This was built in 1889 as the Public Hall. and was altered by architect Frank G. Richardson in August 1911, opening as the Elster Cinema with 647 seats. It closed in 1967, then re-opened in 1969 as the Sharon Cinema. from 1971 it was taken over by the current operors and re-named Classic Cinema.
In recent years a new 4-screen building has been built to the immediate right of the original cinema, which gives the Classic Cinema a new seating capacity of 800. There is a cafe located in the foyer.