Kingsway Theatre, Brooklyn, NYC
Located at 946 Kings Highway, Brooklyn, NYC. The Kingsway Theatre was built for and operated by Century Theatre's and opened on 27th April 1921. It was designed by architect R. Thomas Short and had a seating capacity of 2,222. Later operated by RKO it was subsequently sub-divided, first into two screens, then later into five screens and Cineplex Odeon were it's last operators. It closed in January 2001 and after a while the building was gutted, the facade re-modeled and it became a Walgreens store on the ground floor and a college in the former balcony.