Aster Theater, Brooklyn, NYC
Located at 246 Broadway in the Williamsburg district of Brooklyn, New York City. This originally opened as the Plaza Theater in 1919 and it had a seating capacity of 400. It became the New Broadway theater in 1927 and in the mid-1930's it was re-named the Square Theater. In the mid-1940's it had been re-named the Aster Theater and it closed by 1957. Seen here in its current use as the Good Friend Restaurant in the former entrance foyer and retail stores in the former auditorium space.