ABC, Ilford, Essex
Located at 300-310 High Road, Ilford, Essex. This opened as the Regal Cinema in 1937, Architect: William R. Glen, with a seating capacity of 1,964. It became the ABC in 1962 and was tripled in 1973. Closed in January 1984 it became a bingo club, then a live music venue known as 'The Island' as seen in this summer 1994 photograph. Now an Asian banqueting hall and a pub.