Alhambra Theatre, Harlem, New York, NY
The Alhambra Theatre building is located at 2110 Seventh Avenue (today Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard), Harlem, Manhattan, New York. It opened in August 1905 as a live theatre with a seating capacity of 1,500. The architect was John B. McElphatrick. There was also a ballroom above the theatre.
Movie use came after 1913 and in later years it was the main RKO movie theatre in Harlem. It closed in 1967 and was used as Motor Vehicle offices.
When photographed here in July 2003, the building was in use as a Shriners Lodge and the ballroom above has been restored and was in use.