Tussaud's Cinema, London
Located on Marylebone Road at Baker Street, London. NW1 The Tussaud's Cinema opened on 26th April 1928 with "Helen of Troy". It was designed by architect F. Edward Jones and seated 1,714. It formed part of the (then new) Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum building (which remains today).
The Tussaud's Cinema was destroyed by German bombs in September 1940 (the waxworks only received minor damage). On the site was later built the London Planetarium. This was closed in around 2004 and the space has now been incorporated into the Madame Tussaud Waxworks.
This photo is in 1 album
- London, UK-Cinemas & Theatres 206 items