Teatro Avila, Caracas, Venezuela
The Teatro Avila located on the Avenida Sur 4 at Esquina Bolsa and Esquina Mercaderes in the Central district of Caracas was a major cinema since opening on 24th February 1939 with Louis Rainer in "The Great Waltz". Seating was provided for 1,290 and the Art Deco style building was designed by architect Rafael Bergamin.
Evenutally it was twinned and during its final years of operation was known as the Cine Avila. It closed in 1999 and the stalls area has been converted into a market stall area, with a restaurant operating in the balcony foyer. The balcony is in use as a gay nightclub called Club Avila which caters for a black/latino crowd.