Cinephone Cinema, London
Located at 241 Oxford Street, London. Architect:- Rudolph Jeline-Karl. This opened as the 459 seat Cinephone Cinema on 15th January 1940. It closed in September 1940 and was requisitioned by the Ministry of Works for storage during the war.
It re-opened as the London News Theatre in February 1953 and from 21st October 1954 reverted back to the Cinephone name, screening foreign films. It closed on 31st Januay 1973. It became a retail space, first for a British Airways ticket office, then a jeans shop and recently it has become a Waterstone's bookshop.
This photo is in 1 album
- London, UK-Cinemas & Theatres 206 photos