Beaulieu National Motor Museum 18-09-2012
1960 Jaguar XK150
The XK150 was the first series-production car to employ four-wheel disc brakes as standard. Developed from the XK120 and XK140, it was heavier but offered greater comfort and interior space. A distinctly modernizing feature was the wrap-around windscreen of toughened glass. This replaced the more basic divided screen of previous models.
Introduced in 1957 with a 3.4 litre engine, a faster 3.8 litre version was available from 1959. By the late 1950s, the design was considered out of date. For a performance car, however, it still represented good value for money. By comparison, the Ferrari 250 GT cost £6326 in 1960.
Cylinders: In-line 6
Valves: 12 Overhead
Power Output: 220bhp @ 5500rpm
Maximum Speed: 125mph
Price New: £2035
Manufacturer: Jaguar Cars Ltd, Coventry
Owner: The National Motor Museum Trust (Donated by Mr J.C. Stott)
Housing a collection of over 250 automobiles and motorcycles telling the story of motoring on the roads of Britain from the dawn of motoring to the present day, the award winning (Winner - The International Historic Motoring Awards of the Year 2012) National Motor Museum appeals to all age groups. From World Land Speed Record Breakers including Campbell’s famous Bluebird to film favourites such as the magical flying car, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and rare oddities like the giant orange on wheels. Don’t miss exciting extra features such as the Motorsport Gallery, Wheels and Jack Tucker's Garage - A permanent, multi award-winning 1930's garage has been created within the Museum, complete down to the last nut and bolt and rusty drainpipe. Whilst the building is a complete fabrication, everything in it - all the fixtures, fittings, tools and ephemera - are genuine artefacts collected over a period of 25 years.