new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
The Anderson House - Lexington, Missouri | by frank thompson photos
Back to photostream

The Anderson House - Lexington, Missouri

Built in 1853 as a home for Col. Oliver Anderson. During the Battle of Lexington, September 1861, the house served as a field hospital, changing hands three times. The elegant home is now part of the Battle of Lexington Historic Site and is open for tours. Photo taken during a weekend encampment; there are not normally tents and a cannon in the front yard. Lexington, Missouri.

2,934 views
1 fave
4 comments
Taken sometime in 2007