Fraunhofer Face Finder
As we walk by the camera, the TV tracks the faces and displays in real-time:
• Emotional attributes of affect: I generally peg the happiness scale
• Age: 38 +/- 12 (their mean error is 6.85 years)
• Gender: Male (94.3% accuracy)
• ID: Assigned on the fly I presume, to track me over time (91.5% detection rate)
• Uptime: how long it has been tracking me, often unawares as I had conversations off in the distance.
The most eerie instance occurred some time later. I was having a spirited argument with a fellow who designs and sells high end AV cables. "Surely, you have to admit that fancy HDMI cables are a scam, right? It’s a digital standard. At normal cable lengths, it either works or it doesn't. Are you selling the quality of the 0’s and 1’s?" He disdained double blind tests and insisted that somehow, magically, the blacks on the screen were more grey. I was stupefied.
Then this screen caught my eye off in the distance; it spotted me in the crowd. It said I was Angry and Surprised.