She leapt off the pad with a glorious 30 ft. plume.
Computer simulations estimated she would scream to 100,000 ft. at Mach 3
• 22 ft. tall, 540 lbs
• Booster stage: machined aluminum fin can and inter-stage coupler mounted directly on the Q motor casing.
• Upper stage: Custom wound composites, titanium tip
• Festooned with redundant computers, GPS, RF transmission
• Q booster staging to a P motor with a custom forward thermite igniter
• ~6x the thrust of a cruise missile booster
I’ll share some other build photos and launch video below…