flickr-free-ic3d pan white

Kulturhaus Deutsch-Sowjetische-Freundschaft

Built 1953-1957 by W. Litzkow, G. Ulbrich, G. Möhring, and K. Hämmerling for the holiday resorts of the "Sowjetische AG Wismut" uranium mining corporation.

The complex included a theatre and cinema hall (900 seats), a dining hall (400 seats), a restaurant, and various function rooms.

Major renovation begun in the 1980s, but stopped after the "Wende". Plundered in the early 90s, now unused.

1,027 views
6 faves
9 comments
Taken on May 8, 2011