Jorin-ji is a Buddhist temple with a small shrine on the grounds. Jorin-ji was built by Lord Ogasawara in the mid 16th century, but the name was changed to Futei-ji when the Ishikawa took control. The name was changed back when the Ogasawara were reinstated as patrons. Jorin-ji features the oldest wooden gate in Matsumoto, which dates back to the Edo period. The bell tower dates back to 1845.