Toki no Kane 時の鐘
Built by Sakai Tadakatsu (1594-1647) sometime in the early to mid 1600's, the foundation of the bell tower has been standing here for some 350 years. The Sakai were vassels of the Tokugawa and classifed as fudai daimyo, or hereditary daimyo. Although it was damaged by fire, it was rebuilt at here in 1893. It still rings four times per day, and stands over 16 meters above ground in the Kura-zukuri district of Kawagoe.