DIY Studio Lighting Panel:
Made from: 4x 10' lengths of 3/4" Schedule 40 PVC pipe, 8x 90deg. shoulder couplings, and 6x tees.
Can function as:
- Adding a sheet of white muslin and placing lightsource behind makes a 4' x 7' softbox/diffusion screen.
- Adding a sheet of white rip-stop nylon (the stuff used in flags and parachutes) makes a very large scrim.
- Adding a sheet of black muslin makes a reductive source to create shadow.
- Adding a sheet of a light-colored, shiny material (such as a white shower curtain) and placing opposite key light makes a really good (and big) reflector/bounce.
- Can even be laid flat under subject and used as a bounce for chin shadow.
Supplies cost $22 and took 1.5 hours to build.
Modified from Tinker Tube plans by Finelight.