20070507 Photomerge of the bookshelf. I like the way the lighting and perspective get all weird. These annotations describe what's actually here. I'd like to do another set outlining where everything's _supposed_ to be. And then maybe I can actually put everything where it belongs.
- This is where all the programming and technical manuals live, but they tend to migrate downward as needed.
- The Jaques Cousteu set moved up here. Wes Anderson's Life Aquatic cribbed heavily from these.
- Mostly design and typography. Again, this stuff tends to migrate to lower shelves.
- Fine Art books. A few are mine, but most are Pamela's.
- The screen rolls down for the projector when we watch movies. Not so good in the daylight, but that's kind of the point.
- I think this is mostly fiction, but Pame moved a lot of this stuff recently and I didn't see where everything turned up.
- Pame collects this series of children's storybooks. Andy Warhol did some of the illustrations early in his career.
- I found this photo enlarger timer in the dump, years ago. It reminds me of my darkroom days.
- Dictionaries and language reference.
- Photos I've taken and printed. Mostly from high school; not that much makes its way to paper these days.
- Journals (mostly Pame's) live in the box.
- I have a hard time throwing away magazines. We recently culled out a bunch, but there's still a sizable collection.
- Mostly theory and new media criticism.
- A year or two ago I got really tired of dust jackets. Now when I buy a book, the jacket comes off and is added to this roll. One day I'll do something with them.
- Mostly philosophy books from my undergrad days.
- Theory overflow? This is kind of a grey area.
- Screws, nails, metal bits and whatnot all live in this nice old Maxwell House tin. I learned that trick from Andy. So far I haven't contracted tetanus.
- Fiction here, mostly Paul Auster. Trying to go alpha by author, but it breaks down pretty quickly
- These are where the buttons (or "badges" if yr of the UK persuasion) live before I put them on canvas.
- Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle. One day I'll re-read these, but I've got a lot of other stuff to plow through first.
- TOP: Photo album. MIDDLE: A birthday gift from a few years ago which I'll never read. BOTTOM: A bargain rack copy of Quicksilver which I picked up as a loaner copy. Anybody want it?
- Pretty gnarly mix of fiction, Borges, DV tapes and whatnot.
- A little tea tin to put cable ties in.
- More media theory, but getting into science books.
- A little series of art books which we somehow accumulated.
- This box used to be a pinhole camera from Mr. Wright's physics class. Now it holds photos and postcards.
- The O'Reilly books and technical manuals and design books which migrated from the top shelf.
- Cookbooks and cooking magazines. Nearest the kitchen, natch.
- History and political theory. Not the largest section, but growing rapidly, and consistently finding itself home to the most urgent new acquisitions.
- Judaica and religion. Class will end in a few weeks, hopefully freeing up some much-needed bookshelf space.
- LIfestyle, culture, biography, music, music-bio, pop-sociology (ie Gladwell, Surowieki, etc). Kind of a jumble.
- I found this at a Goodwill somewhere. It's slated to be the first victim of my urge to circuit-bend.
- Music CDs, data CDs, and binders of CDs. There got to be a better way to store this stuff.
- Just a mess. Journals, sketchbooks, copy paper. Needs to be cleaned.
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts