I took some normal macros of these grayhead prairie coneflowers but wasn't really satisfied with the results. Then I noticed some bright sky coming through a hole in the trees to the north and used the bright sky as a background. I spent a long time looking for some nice flowers to use in the out-of-focus background areas. This is one where I took much more time on the background than the foreground.
This photo is in 14 groups
- best images 7,064 items
- Coneflowers (All Types) - P1-C1 405 items
- Best Images Ever (ADMIN Approval Only | Award 2 or More) 84,630 items
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,280 items
- Platinum Photography Group ~ "Monitored Queue" 265,320 items
- Flickr Envy Public (invited images only) - Add 1/C-1 ~ Invite 1 8,212 items