Aylesford Kent (1)
Like many of the old buildings in Aylesford, the use of The George has changed over the centuries.
Built in the mid 16th Century (Tudor), it was originally a Coaching Inn. It was a hotel but is now a private residence.
The wooden paneling, as proudly displayed on the front of the building, was added in 1714 to “Make it look Tudor”.
It is a very early example of this.