vanaf vliegveld Hilversum (bij Hollandsche Rading)
The first of two prototypes of the two-seat Hughes Model 269 helicopter flew first in October 1956, only 13 months after commencement of design work. The basic design sparked US Army interest to order 5, designated YHO-2-HU, for evaluation. As a result Hughes won a US Army contract for a light helicopter primary trainer and 792 were built as the TH55A Osage. Deliveries of the commercial Model 269A, designated Hughes 200, started in 1961. The three-seat Model 269B, designated Hughes 300, flew first in 1964. In 1969, the 300 was followed by the improved Model 269C, designated Hughes 300C. Since 1983, Schweizer has built the 269C/300C, initially under licence for Hughes. Schweizer Aircraft Corp. acquired all rights to the helicopter in 1986. Already over 3400 helicopters of the 269/300/TH55 are built, of which 2800 by Hughes before production was transferred to Schweizer. In 2005, Schweizer Aircraft Corp. became a wholly owned Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. subsidiary. In 2009, Sikorsky Aircraft announced the creation of Sikorsky Global Helicopters, a business unit made up of the manufacturer’s commercial products, including the S-76, S-92 and H-92 platforms, as well as the Schweizer helicopter line. As part of the rebranding of the commercial products, the S-300C, S-300CBi, S-333 and S-434 helicopters will no longer retain the Schweizer name.
The 1973-built Hughes 269C c/n 930241 was operated first as G-BCHI, F-GALG and D-HNAH. On 19 March 1981, the helicopter was registered PH-OKE in the Netherlands with Ryfas Heli Service BV, Hilversum. However Mr. N.R.G. van der Meer became the registered owner on 15 June 1995, the PH-RYF is operated by Ryfas Helicopters out of Hilversum airfield.