Splash of Orange
The Palm house at Adelaide Botanic Gardens on a walk around Adelaide September 7, 2013 South Australia. It was our last few hours in Adelaide for leaving for Melbourne.
The Palm, or tropical, house is a Victorian glasshouse located to the west of the main lake. It was imported from Bremen, Germany in 1875, opened in 1877 and restored in 1995. As of 2007 it held a collection of Malagasy arid flora.
The Adelaide Botanic Garden is a 125-acre (51 ha) public garden at the north-east corner of the Adelaide city centre, in the Adelaide Park Lands. It encompasses a fenced garden on North Terrace (between the Royal Adelaide Hospital and the National Wine Centre) and behind it the Botanic Park (adjacent to the Adelaide Zoo). The Adelaide Botanic Garden, together with the Wittunga and the Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens, comprise the three Botanic Gardens of Adelaide.
For More Info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_Botanic_Garden