new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Vacances__0420 | by Joanbrebo
Back to photostream

Vacances__0420

Annecy, Haute-Savoie, Auvernia-Ródano-Alpes, France.

 

Annecy es una comuna francesa situada en el departamento de Alta Saboya, de la región de Auvernia-Ródano-Alpes.

 

Le vieil Annecy, (que no debe confundirse con Annecy-le-Vieux, otra ciudad fronteriza), fue un asentamiento de la época de los romanos. Annecy fue la corte de los condes de Ginebra o Genevois del siglo X. Pasó a los condes de Saboya en 1401. En 1444, se convirtió en la capital regional de las provincias de Genevois, Faucigny y Beaufortain. Con el avance del calvinismo, Annecy se convirtió en un centro para la Contrarreforma, siendo transferido el antiguo Obispado de Ginebra a él en 1535. Francisco de Sales nació en Sales en 1567 y sirvió como obispo de Annecy desde 1602 hasta 1622; sus reliquias se conservan en la catedral.

 

Durante la Revolución Francesa, la región de Saboya fue conquistada por Francia. Annecy se unió al departamento de Mont Blanc, cuya capital era Chambéry. La diócesis católica fue suprimida en 1801. Después de la restauración borbónica en 1815, Annecy fue devuelta al Rey de Cerdeña y la diócesis católica restaurada en 1822. Cuando Saboya fue anexionada a Francia en 1860 con el Tratado de Turín, se convirtió en la capital del nuevo departamento de Alta Saboya.

 

Como nueva comuna fue creada el 1 de enero de 2017, en aplicación de una resolución del prefecto de Alta Saboya de 14 de julio de 20163​ con la unión de las comunas de Annecy, Annecy-le-Vieux, Cran-Gevrier, Meythet, Pringy y Seynod, pasando a estar el ayuntamiento en la antigua comuna de Annecy.

 

Annecy is a French commune located in the department of Haute-Savoie, in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region.

 

Le vieil Annecy, (not to be confused with Annecy-le-Vieux, another border town), was a settlement from Roman times. Annecy was the court of the counts of Geneva or Genevois of the 10th century. It passed to the counts of Savoy in 1401. In 1444, it became the regional capital of the provinces of Genevois, Faucigny and Beaufortain. With the advance of Calvinism, Annecy became a center for the Counter-Reformation, the former Bishopric of Geneva being transferred to it in 1535. Francis de Sales was born at Sales in 1567 and served as Bishop of Annecy from 1602 to 1622; his relics are kept in the cathedral.

 

During the French Revolution, the Savoy region was conquered by France. Annecy joined the Mont Blanc department, whose capital was Chambéry. The Catholic diocese was suppressed in 1801. After the Bourbon restoration in 1815, Annecy was returned to the King of Sardinia and the Catholic diocese restored in 1822. When Savoy was annexed to France in 1860 with the Treaty of Turin, it became the capital. of the new department of Haute-Savoie.

 

As a new commune, it was created on January 1, 2017, pursuant to a resolution of the prefect of Haute-Savoie of July 14, 20163 with the union of the communes of Annecy, Annecy-le-Vieux, Cran-Gevrier, Meythet, Pringy and Seynod, becoming the town hall in the former commune of Annecy.

869 views
56 faves
177 comments
Taken on September 2, 2017