new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Berlín_0158 | by Joanbrebo
Back to photostream

Berlín_0158

Neue Kirche, Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin.

 

La Catedral Alemana (en alemán: Deutscher Dom), oficialmente Iglesia Nueva (en alemán: Neue Kirche), es una iglesia situada en la Gendarmenmarkt de Berlín, frente a la Catedral Francesa. Su parroquia consistía en el norte del entonces nuevo barrio de Friedrichstadt, que hasta entonces pertenecía a la parroquia de la Iglesia de Jerusalén. Los feligreses luteranos y calvinistas (de las Iglesias Reformadas alemanas) usaban el alemán como su idioma nativo, en oposición a la congregación calvinista de habla francesa de la Catedral Francesa, al otro lado de Gendarmenmarkt. El idioma de los feligreses, junto con la torre con la cúpula, le valió a la iglesia su nombre coloquial Catedral Alemana (Deutscher Dom). La iglesia no es una catedral en sentido estricto porque no es sede obispal.

 

Construida entre 1701 y 1708 por Giovanni Simonetti según el proyecto de Martin Grünberg. Entre 1780 y 1785, Carl von Gontard coronó el edificio con una torre con cúpula. El edificio, destruido durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial, volvió a abrirse el 2 de octubre de 1996 tras innumerables restauraciones.

 

The German Cathedral (in German: Deutscher Dom), officially New Church (in German: Neue Kirche), is a church located in the Gendarmenmarkt of Berlin, in front of the French Cathedral. Its parish consisted of the north of the then new district of Friedrichstadt, that until then belonged to the parish of the Church of Jerusalem. The Lutheran and Calvinist parishioners (of the German Reformed Churches) used German as their native language, in opposition to the French-speaking Calvinist congregation of the French Cathedral, on the other side of the Gendarmenmarkt. The language of the parishioners, together with the tower with the dome, earned the church its colloquial name German Cathedral (Deutscher Dom). The church is not a cathedral in the strict sense because it is not a bishop's seat.

 

Built between 1701 and 1708 by Giovanni Simonetti according to Martin Grünberg's project. Between 1780 and 1785, Carl von Gontard crowned the building with a domed tower. The building, destroyed during World War II, reopened on October 2, 1996 after innumerable restorations.

9,813 views
127 faves
327 comments
Taken on April 9, 2017