new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white

Ati's block - I

The first thing I noticed about the block was that the top left 'quadrant" was quite empty.

 

I hand dyed to crocheted doilies, then gathered one to make the flower. I turned Helina's hand-dyed butterfly motif around so it was flying into the flower, rather than off the block.

 

I beaded a vine from the flower on the right, and also added the button in the centre of the flower.

 

The middle green patch was looking empty, so I attached the white button and did some bead trails coming off it. I used the white to try and lighten the centre of the block and pull in the 'lightness' of the patches around it. There is also a spider web and spider in this patch.

 

Finally I added the button cluster on the bottom right, and the button and leaves below the butterfly.

 

There is other beading on the seams all over the block.

 

Despite working on this block for several days, there was still something that was bothering me, so I kept adding more, and the more I added, the more unhappy I became....click on the next pic to see how I changed this block

2,676 views
5 faves
1 comment
Uploaded on March 17, 2008