Whole wheat pancake #8
So, seven test batches later, I have an awesome recipe for a whole wheat flour pancake. Accompanied here by blueberries, mango, and apple syrup. Or, read the full blogpost
WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKE #8
1 egg, large
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp water
1/4 cup sugar
1. Beat egg and 1/2 cup of water. Beat until foamy. Add in sugar, salt and vanilla.
2. Mix in white flour and baking powder. Should have a thick consistency.
3. Add milk and 2tbsp water, then whole wheat flour. Mix until smooth.
4. Drop in a tbsp into a frying pan. Flip when bubbles cover the surface of the pancake. For best results, flip over sooner than later when bubbling occurs.
5. Cook for ~1 min more and then remove from pan and serve.
Note: I suppose you could be unfussy and do all the liquid at once, but you really need to make sure you foam it all up and get that air in there with the water so you have fluffy pancakes. DO NOT USE MORE MILK! Water is better here, as the molecules in the batter get released as steam by the pan's heat. Milk.. not as much. Tip thanks to Dr. Herve!!