Argentine National Congress building
The Congress of the Argentine Nation (Spanish: Congreso de la Nación Argentina) is the legislative branch of the government of Argentina.
Situated at the end of Avenida de Mayo, at the other end of which is located the Casa Rosada, Argentina's parliament is bicameral and is made up of the 72-seat Senate and the 257-seat Chamber of Deputies.
Designed by the Italian architect Vittorio Meano and completed by Argentine architect Julio Dormal, the building was under construction between 1898 and 1906. Inaugurated that year, its aesthetic details were not completed until 1946. Local sculptor Lola Mora graced the interior halls and exterior alike with numerous allegorical bronzes. As time went by, the building proved too small for its purpose, and in 1974 the construction of the Annex, which now holds the Deputies' offices, was started (image, below) [Wikipedia.org]